At The Pet Doctors we recommend Dermare’s Aloveen Shampoo be used to help dogs and cats who suffer from dry and itchy skin. Aloveen is very gentle, lightly fragranced and has a moisturising action. It has soap-free pH balanced formula that helps to retain natural coat oils and can be used at any age on dogs, puppies, cats and kittens, even those with normal skin.
Aloveen is ideal for dog and cats with allergies. Pets with allergies often suffer from dry and itchy skin. Two common types of skin problems include ATOPY and CONTACT ALLERGY. Atopy is often used to refer to a condition of suffering multiple allergies, including those to various airborne pathogens, dust mites and pollens. A contact allergy can be caused by anything that the animal’s skin comes into contact with, such as certain types of grasses. It usually causes irritation of the feet and belly.
Two important aspects of treating allergies can be achieved with Aloveen shampoo:
- Soothing the skin with both the superfine colloidal oatmeal particles and aloe vera
- Removing the allergens (e.g. pollens) from their skin with the gently foaming shampoo base
Some dogs have severe allergies or other skin conditions and will also require medications in which case The Pet Doctors Ltd & Dermcare Vet strongly encourages you to seek further veterinary advice if you feel that more treatment is required in addition to Aloveen Shampoo.
Tips for using Aloveen Shampoo:
- Wet the coat thoroughly.
- Apply Aloveen Shampoo to several points and massage in gently. Using a sponge can help with the lathering action.
- Leave on for 5 minutes to allow the soothing properties of oatmeal to take effect.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- A useful additional step for pets with very irritated skin or long coats prone to knotting is to apply Aloveen Intensive Conditioner lightly to the coat at several points to facilitate coverage.